Friday, November 16, 2007

More reading and thinking...

Yup, editing is fun, but also a bit of a drag.

Should I keep such-and-such characters? What about the love triangle? Should he die or live? Maybe I should dump this whole part about the mirror-world??

All the questions which could result in 100+ drafts of the same work! Sigh.
(note: only one of the above questions actually pertains to the Ghostcatcher Club manuscript by-the-way; heh!)

Polished off Frieda Wishinsky's "Just Call Me Joe" this morning. It is great to read books in the age group I'm aiming for, and so important. It gives great insight into where my own story should be aiming for. I'm also working my way through Brian Henderson's "Nerve Language," a collection of poetry about Daniel Paul Schreber, a high ranking judge in Leipzig in 1894 who went insane. No, I'm not using it for my own writing research (egads!) but reading it for pleasure, as Brian was one of our visiting writers at THIN AIR 2007.
It's...quite good...and insane. Nuff said.

I've started into actually altering the manuscript of the Ghostcatcher Club. Scary. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home