Tuesday, November 20, 2007

POV or no POV. There is no question, except WHICH POV.

It's amazing how differently you read your work when you haven't looked at it in over a year.

Some things stand out like sore thumbs (grammar, horrible cliches you missed, etc), but sometimes the POV hits you in the face and you still can't see it.

Yesterday I spent about an hour mulling over one chapter, KNOWING something was wrong with it. I experimented with a couple of different things until EUREKA! The POV was all screwed up. I fixed it up, and now it reads great!

I also spent a few hours yesterday reading Anita Daher's "Racing for Diamonds." Quite an exciting story!! Next up, "Two Foot Punch" which I just know will be great!

My day today was kinda screwed - I was expected at a "PD" day through the government Competitiveness, Training and Trade program. Ugh. 50% okay, a decent free lunch (the chicken was kinda overdone) and 50% "Let me outta here!!"

Well, back at home. I'm hoping to do some editing tonight, although I'm going to have to spend a couple of hours working on PrairieFire reports for a business meeting tomorrow. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home