Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rejection stings even when you're kinda expecting it

Sigh.

Well, my query letter came back from Orca books the other day - rejected.

The editor wrote a really nice personal letter, which I really appreciate. I was really hoping this would be the one! But alas, it was not.

BUT! One can not give up hope on one rejection! Stephen King had hundreds, thousands, millions (okay, maybe not MILLIONS, but lots) of rejections before he became famous! I can't give up! I won't give up!

As the Orca editor said, this story wasn't for her, but maybe it will be for some other editor at another publishing house. We can only hope! I plan on sending out about 10-15 query letters in the next two weeks (probably in two weeks after my PBN articles and my editing for Steve's second D&D module for RITE Publishing is finished by November 3).

And then the waiting begins anew...

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Polly said...

Sorry, Perry. Yes, it does suck, but it is part of the business! Remember a baseball player is considered awesome if he hits the ball one out of 3 times!

Glad you got a personal letter, and extra glad to see you're going to send out a bunch of query letters - gotta play the odds, it's the only way!

GOOD LUCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home