Wednesday, October 01, 2008

THIN AIR 2008 Over!

Well, it was a week of hard work (well, a year's worth of hard work, culminating into a week of deadly, hard work), but THIN AIR 2008 is over, and it was a rousing success! AGAIN!

It seemed to go a bit smoother this year (although we were super uber understaffed AGAIN!). All of the problems seemed smaller, and more manageable, although we were all very busy.

The writers were great, the audiences were great (and increased I think) and everything was great! Yahoo!

Highlights:
- getting to hang out with Arthur Slade
- telling Art that he was my biggest fan (yes, I really said this after only a minute after meeting him...my brain was getting tired, what can I say. Although it makes for a great story now)
- hanging out a bit with Kenneth Oppel
- listening to Paul Quarrington sing at the AfterWords series
- finding out that Aqua Books is a really good venue for our AfterWords and Pint of Bitter Murder and our Volunteer Appreciation party
- finding out that the Big Ideas series is a big hit!
- meeting Judith Keenan from Bookshorts
- having a movie Matinee at MTYP on Sunday (and selling popcorn!)
- Tanya taking vacation during Festival week so she could keep the house in order and hang out with me every night at Mainstage! Yay!
- meeting (again) lots of really nifty, great, kind, intelligent writers!

Now...we begin the process all over again!

Ugh.

6 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger BookShorts said...

Perry,
You are a superstar -- I don't think I've met a person that can smile through everything - and I mean really smile and mean it -- quite like you do. You and the team made the event a walk in the park (or a drive up the lane, or a bag or popcorn - pick your analogy) -- we could not ask for a better partner with whom to debut.

Big congrats to you all!
Judith

P.S. Have a peek at the video we did on the event at www.movingstoriesfilmfest.com

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Really, I am your biggest fan!

Cheers!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Thanks for the comments Judith! It was great having you at the Festival, and the matinee movie Mainstage was a big hit to be sure.

Thanks for being a part of THIN AIR 2008!

I'll talk with you soon, for sure.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

And thanks Art! It was really great to meet and hang out with you during THIN AIR 2008!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Herbert Grosshans said...

This was my first time at the Writer’s Festival and I must say I was really impressed. I enjoyed the readings of those fine authors, but I have to congratulate you on a job well done. This was also my first time to see what you actually do on your job. I’m proud of you, son.
Dad

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Thanks Dad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home