Friday, November 23, 2007

New ideas, new research, and new directions

wow. Things change a lot in the five years you take to make a story.
Five years ago kids were less likely to own a cell phone, and do you even SEE any 35mm cameras anymore?

My story is BASED on the use of 35mm cameras, so I had to update a few things (like making sure to mention that they need cameras that use FILM), and stuff like that.

Also, one or two websites and ghost hunting groups I had in the book don't even exist anymore on the web, or are totally different! Instead, I discoverd TAPS, The Atlantic Paranormal Society. Two guys: plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night. Very cool website!! Lots of info. They have a tv show (on the scifi network, which I don't get), radio show, and a new book that just came out. Plus, there's the weird (but cool) kids show on YTV where two kids are trained in the art of ghost detection, and then sent into a reportedly "haunted" site to test their skills. Wow. Things do change.

And so does the manuscript. The good news is, my story is not so much about the accuracy of ghost detection, as it is about the inaccuracy of ghost detection and capturing (that's why it's funny...or at least I think it is).

Spent a good couple of hours reading on the TAPS website yesterday, got some good edits done, and also this morning. I'm bushed! But happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home