Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Death to Dust Bunnies!

I'm about at the 1/3 mark right now in the manuscript, and some of the big changes are REALLY occuring, which require a lot more rewriting, and whole lot of rethinking about the story. Changing of characterization in some parts (in regards to Wally and Katey), plot (in regards to Charlie and his bully problem), and storyline (in regards to the background of the old "haunted" Johnson house). But, all good.

Long, long ago I took a writing course with YA author Margret Buffie - one of her bits of advice was "never throw out/delete any draft!" Good advice, until you've got five files for Chapter 5, not that I do, but I guess it could come to that quite easily depending on how much you rewrite ideas and plots and shtuff like that.

I also spent about 2.5 hours last night CLEANING and dusting my office. Yuck. Let's just say it's a little...cluttered....in there. Lots of piles of paper and books and toys and stuff on the floor, and plenty of places for wild dust bunnies to hide and plot insidious plots against my poor alergic nose. Nasty dust bunnies! Now you die!

I figured it was time to give a major dusting when I had three alergy attacks in the last few days after sitting in the office for several hours on end, with the window closed (cuz it's cold outside now!).

I just own too much stuff - all of it cool, and completely necessary I assure my loving wife every day - but the problem is that I'm well organized, but lazy. I've got boxes and space in the basement or in my office for lots of things, but sometimes I just put in on "the pile" for "sorting later" and then three years go by and it's all like "where the hell did that thing go?" Duh. And now it's covered in dust. Like three inches of it.

So, tonight I will spend another 2.5 hours (good estimate) dusting the Spider-Man action figures, assorted do-dads, and books in the office. It was already better in there this morning. Tomorrow, it will be even better!

Die Dust Bunnies! Off with your fuzzy heads!

Oh, and poor Bombers. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Excellent. Spam. Sigh. Stupid Spam. Die Spam, die!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Polly said...

This is not spam!

Congratulations on WRITING TIME! Very proud of you and excited to see the brilliant new version of GC!

I'm deep into editing myself, so I feel your pain/pleasure.

I was a little concerned to see in a previous post that there is a possibility that you may have lost some of the brilliant NOTES you may have received from others regarding the improvement of your manuscript. I pray this is not really the case.

Good luck Perry, and kudos to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home