Sunday, March 11, 2007

Less Diary More Writery

It's been a few days of no blogging, but that's okay.

I wanted to start getting away from the "Diary" style blog ("...so then I walked to class, and I found a loonie, and I bought some gum with that loonie, and then I walked some more, and then...") and blog about just the important things that have been happening, and suchwith notforth.

So. Well. Here we are. Less diary. More excitment. Hmmmm.

Okay, well the crux is, nothing toooo exciting happened. Charlene (Director of WIWF) and I managed to put the polish on snazzy looking new sponsor package for (you'd never guess) potential sponsors. I also started in on a new short story. Yay! Plan is to work on that today.

I'm almost finished David Bergen's The Time Inbetween. I figured, you know, if he's going to be our guest at the PrairieFire Magazine Spring Benefit, I better read at least one of his books. Quite good, I must say.

Oh, I ran my pirate-based D&D game on Friday! Yes, I play Dungeons&Dragons. So shoot me. It's sometimes the only way some of my friends and I can get together. And it's creatively fun!
The session was quite hilarious. Brett's character was swallowed by a purple worm. Mwha-ha-ha!! I'm evil. Here's a pic of the miniature. (click the image for a larger, more menacing pic).


For those not in the know, when you play D&D you tend to have a grid mat on the table, where everyone has a miniature representing themselves, and the Dungeon Master (that's me) draws on the mat the map of the dungeon, and places monsters and other encounters as necessary. And then we play out the encounters with dice, and some roleplaying, and a lot of eating of chips and drinking of scotch. Not a bad way to spend a night.

(generic picture of a typical D&D game - not my own)

For more information on Dungeons & Dragons, check out the wiki link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_&_Dragons

Okay, back to the reading, writing, and some homework for today. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

I LOVED The Time In Between! it was...a feast.

I also used to love playing D & D (about a hundred years ago...yes, I'm old now), though I never used a miniature.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

You used to play D&D!?!

Wow. I thought you were cool before. Now you're Hella-Cool!! Heh.

There's nothing wrong with being a geek. "8)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home