Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tea Musings

Man, I'm tired.

Well, when you work at the numbers for nearly two full weeks (including the weekend!) with hardly anytime to relax, you do get tired.
Mind you, I could have went to bed earlier last night, so it's not all true. Not a pack of lies, but not complete truth. More like "truthiness." Heh.

But, it's been a good two weeks. Got a Canada Council grant done at work, and Charlene (my director at the WIWF - see earlier blog on that) and I have almost finished up a nifty new sponsorship package. Plus our new fundraiser campaign is humming along, and a bunch of other work related stuff I don't feel like talking about.

But man, I'm fading now. And I still have to go to a movie tonight. My friend Brendon Sawatzky has his new feature film playing tonight for a special showing at the Globe Cinema for the NSI film festival which is on right now. It's called "Who Loves the Sun." For more info check out www.wholovesthesun.com. I promise it's the right link.

And if I want to stay awake to watch it, I need some coffee, or tea. Tea is my beverage of choice (most of the time). And Hazel's Magic Kitchen is the place to buy it.
Hazel's is run by my friend Dennis, and he is literally the "Tea Queen" of Winnipeg. His store has the largest selection of teas (loose and bagged) in the city. No lie.
Of course, try telling that to some of my friends (eh, Ariel?!?).

They're all like "Man, I remember places in Vancouver, where there was like great places for loose tea, in like jars and stuff, where you can smell them and like there's nothing like this here." And I would say "Why, yes there is!" and propose to tell them all about Hazels, and the massive jars of loose tea he has, and how he lets you smell them, and sample them, and all that.

Then, like a week later, they're all like "Man, I remember Korea, where there were vendors with loose tea in jars. No place like that here."
And I would say, "Why, yes there is!" and propose to retell them about Hazels.

Then, like a few days later, they're all like "Man, you just can't find any tea in this city."
And I would say, "Jesus! Aren't you listening?!?!?!" and give them a pamphlet of Hazels which explains all about the tons of teas he has. And then the pamphlet would get lost, and the wonderings about tea places would (and probably still does!) continue.

So, Hazel's Magic Kitchen. Check it out. It's the bomb for tea. Loose and bagged.
And he'll even open the numerous jars for you to sniff.
Really. It ain't no Vancouver or Korea. It's Winnipeg.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

Haha. Man, I could go for a cuppa right now. I must check out this Hazel's.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

First of all, Monsieur Grosspants, I was not referring to Vancouver or Korea.

The only place where I have such an experience was in China...

Secondly, I have been to Hazel's, several times.

So pbbt!

(Also, congrats on putting together your first CC grant...I know how much work those can be, even if its only of the crossing-the-ts and dotting-the-is variety)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home