Friday, March 02, 2007

Arts for Brain = Good

Just returned from MTC's newest production, "Half-Life" starring Eric Peterson, well known for his recent three seasons as bitchy old Brett Butt's dad on Corner Gas.
Not a bad play. Very minimalist. With all the wacky sound effects and dark-outs between the scene changes (i.e. moving chairs around) it reminded me very much of a Fringe Festival play. Not that that's a bad thing. I love Fringe; this must just be MTC's "budget play" of the season (heh!). I kept expecting Eric Peterson to yell out "Jackass!" every now and then.

Yesterday the artsy movie. Today, the artsy play. I'm pooped. My poor brain can't take much more culture.

Been a banner week at the WIWF. Every week I learn a wee bit more, and do a heck of a lot more. It feels great to do something I really want to do. Makes a big difference from dragging my ass to a warehouse to deal with a bitchy supervisor and sling boxes around. Ugh. Don't miss that one bit.

Okay, bed time now. But hey! I've blogged three days in a row. Coolness.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

I saw Half Life on the 16th, and loved it! The only problem...the audience really had no cues that the play had ended--if felt like another scene change--so we all sat there uncertain until the curtain lifted, and with the actors bowing, we collectively sighed "Ohh" and clapped our appreciation.

I thought the acting stellar, and loved what WASN'T said in this play.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Yes it was quite good in every sense of the word. I really enjoyed the actors all around.
MTC has been quite good this year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home