Sunday, April 29, 2007

Manitoba writers and publishers shine!

Wow! What a great evening. I'm still all aglow. And I didn't even win an award! (heck, not even nominated).

The Manitoba Writing and Publishing Awards. A great evening for rubbing shoulders with writers, publishers, and me! I think about where I was five years ago (working in a warehouse, writing on the side), and where I am now (president on the board of Prairie Fire magazine, GM of the WIWF, still writing on the side) and the number of Manitoba artists, writers, poets and publishers I know now, and I just love it. Every bit of it! Wow! What happened?!? Heh.

Congratulations to Anita Daher for winning the John Hirsch award for most promising writer! You deserve it!! I'm so glad she'll be joining the WIWF this year on our school stage. Yay!!

And Faith Johnston SWEEPING the big awards with her book A Great Restlessness. I had a hand in geting her one award (The Alexander Kennedy Isbister Award for Non-Fiction) and her book sure deserved it. Being a jury member was great. Who knows what I'll be asked to do next??

Hmmmm...writing on the side...Full Burn? Where art thou??
Soon, my friends, soon. I've had bigger writing to fry - grant proposals. Not as exciting, but very, very necessary for my bread and butter. But soon!

Promise.

Oh, and only six more sleeps till SPIDER-MAN 3!! Can't wait!
Oh, and my birthday in five more sleeps. Ick. The big Three Seven. Ay Carumba!!

3 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

Hello Perry,
Thanks for the words, and your shining friendship :-) You write on the side of a warehouse? Uber-cool.

Yes...I'm a bit over tired. Just wanted to tell you YOU ROCK! I don't know where you get the energy for so many events. Spider-bite? Happy # 3!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Psst...Perry!

Didja see the pic of you and the cake on my blog? I even said faintly insulting things about you...

Heh!

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Yeah I saw the pic! Very funny.
Nice pictures of the evening. Glad to be there. It was great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home