Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm alive!!

Well, the week of triple stress threat is over.
Welcome to your new life!

The Ondaatje event was beautiful, and the Prairie Fire benefit on Saturday was delicious. Neil Besner (as host for the evening) was gracious and funny, and Lori Cayer read wonderful poetry (about drugs...not so wonderful, but she made it sound nice...) and David Bergen shared with us the first part of his new, not even yet finished, book!! Very cool.

Did I mention I got to take home the left over sweats and treats again? Yummy.

Any day now I should know if I received a writing grant from WAC. Exciting! Well, if I don't get it (Depressing!) I'll be fine. Really. Mildly hurt. Somewhat incensed. A bit miffed. But I'll live.

But if I DO get it, it will be great incentive to get my third/fourth draft done of the Ghostcatcher Club! And hopefully, mercifully, sometime in the next three months, the very talented Anita Daher will be able to take a quick read of the updated draft (for money of course - I budgeted for it in my grant app), which will REALLY make working on it worthwhile!

Here's hoping! Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

4 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

I'm not sure if the very talented Anita Daher made it back from Ontario...would you settle for the very sneezy Anita Daher? Seriously, thank you, Perry. Such nice things you say :-) I have fingers crossed for you re the grant!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got leftover sweats from the event??? Doesn't sound too appetizing! :P

Sorry, Perr - couldn't help myself.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Ha! Thanks Holli! Yes, we took home the leftover SWEETS (not sweats! Ick.).
And they were nummy.
Hope things are going well for you at the museum. We have to go for lunch again!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Ah, sheesh...I was going to twit you about the whole sweat/sweet thing.

Sorry to hear you've been twisted like toffee of late. I mean, you're wiry, but not that wiry...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home