Friday, May 04, 2007

What Good Luck, What Bad Luck

Ugh. What a day.

First, woke up in the morning, went to check the weather on the computer (I don't turn my computer off, just the monitor), turned on the monitor and was greeted by the Blue Screen Of Death. AAAAHHH!!! (as in, surprise and alarm).
Okay, no need to panic. Read through the dialogue on the screen, okay it says try a reboot, okay, no problem, this sometimes happened on my old computer, a little "hiccup" that's all, yeah, that's all.
So, I hit restart and wait. A bunch of computer mumbo jumbo comes up as normal when you first turn on your computer, then some other stuff.

Translation: You Have No Hardrive.

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (as in surprise and alarm).

Basically, the hardrive had a catastrophic meltdown. SHIT!! Well, I think most of my stuff was backed up. Hopefully.

The computer is three years old and has a five year warranty, so no problems there. But, ugh, all the rebooting, resetting, and reformating. Not looking forward to it. Not to mention I have to find time to do it. And did I mention Ondaatje event and Prairie Fire event both next week????

Ugh.

Now the Good News: I saw Spider-Man 3 tonight! Perfect seats (right smack in the middle). Great movie. Kinda hokey and corny in parts, but hey, it's a comic book movie. Lots of funny stuff. And the action, and special effects KICKED ASS! Venom was soooooo cool. And Sandman was great!! And the way they melded all the villains into the movie was great, especially at the end of the movie, was GREAT!! Overall: GREAT.

Will I see it again? HELL YEAH!

Okay. Time to sign off (thank God for the laptop from work).

So, a warning to everyone: BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER REGULARLY!

And DON'T use crappy OUTLOOK EXPRESS for your email!!! If I had, I would have lost ALL MY EMAILS! I use gmail and mts (as backup), so even when the computer goes kablooie, the email is aaaaall safe. And Gmail is great for backing up files (with 2.6 GIGS of email storage).

Okay, really signing off now. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home