Monday, May 28, 2007

Stress Excess

Ugh.
I have not been this stressed in years.
Double Ugh.

I know this is supposed to be a blog about my writing (writing? what's that???) but right now, at this time, my job is my life. And I need to use the blog to vent.
Which, is not a bad thing - I still like my job, believe it or not - it's just that too many deadlines make for a stressed out Perry.

I was stressed this morning, knowing that I had two final reports to finish this week (one is 98% done, the other about 35% done), and get a big, big start on the APC application due June 15. Now, that doesn't seem bad, lots of time till June 15, right??
Well, I'm suppossed to be going to PrairieCon this weekend (Friday till Monday), then I'm back on Tuesday, Wednesday, and then gone to Toronto from Thursday till the following Thursday.

Boiled down, I have 5 working days left till the 15th of June.
Triple Ugh.

Oh, and then today, just today, I found out that another grant application, which has been due for the end of June for years, just THIS year, they have changed it to the end of May.
Ha-ha. May. That's THIS week.
Quadruple Ugh.
I have a headache.

I'm seriously thinking of backing out of PrairieCon (which is bad, because I'm not just a guest there but a member who is supposed to be running three games, and I have prize support to bring out, and registration fees from a Winnipeg games store). And most of my friends in Brandon I only see once a year, at this convention.
But, backing out will give me four full work days. It might not be a choice.

Ugh.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

Five days? Eek! That means I have six work days to finish a first draft of my book. Double eek!

Time to pull out The Little Engine That Could (= coffee machine ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home