Saturday, December 01, 2007

Editing, Games, and Meat!

Okay, quick writing update: Thursday and Friday went quite well. Another 5 or so chapters under the belt.

There are several steps during my editing: first I read through the chapter on paper, making changes; then I make those changes on the computer, and a few more. THEN I pull out the old notes from the WWG (that's Wolseley Writing Group from a few years back) when this manuscript was work-shopped out by the group (to death, I might add).

The notes from the group are the most interesting, and painful. Exhilarating when I make the same edits on my own, heartbreaking when I see something that should have been horribly obvious (action before dialogue; screwed up homonomynom like heal for heel; etc). Ugh. Editing is hard. Heh.

I took a break on Thursday and Friday from dusting. I think some of the dust I disturbed was still floating around the room. I had to write with a dust mask for the last two days (no kidding). It worked though - no allergy attack! And today I have no mask on and I'm fine. I think I'll tackle some more dusting tomorrow! Death to Dust Bunnies!!

Friday night saw some old friends drop by for some board gaming: 4th Edition Talisman. Very nice artwork, but basically the same rules as 2nd Edition. Here are some pics from the night, including one of Basil with his puppy.




Ain't he cute? He loves his puppy.

Oh, and here's the 20lbs of deer pepperoni that my Mom and Dad just dropped off for me. Yummy!!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Yay editing! Yay painful WWG memories! Yay meat!

(If you're feeling overwhelmed by the quantity of meat, I'd be more than happy to buy a pound or two - I've never had deer pepperoni!)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

Buy a pound or two?!?
I'd be happy to give you a few sticks, but I'm kinda greedy when it comes to our beloved bambi meat ;-) Heh-heh!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Ian Sokoliwski said...

mmmmmm....deer pepperoni!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home