Friday, February 22, 2008

Fourth draft - in DA BAG!

Woo-Hoo!

Well, I did it!

Yesterday I took the morning off from work to write, and write, and write, and suddenly it was 11am, normally when I start packing stuff up and get ready for work, and I was all "I can't stop! I can't!"
So I didn't. I kept writing, and writing, had a quick 20 minute lunch break, and then more writing, until suddenly it was 2:30 pm and I was done! Finished! The biggest rewrite I had to do (the last part of the book, which included moving chapters around, killing chapters, and rewriting chapters) was pulled off! Yahoo!!
Mind you, I got to work at 3:30 and worked till 7:30, but it was all good.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Today I just left it, and on the weekend I'll pull it out and reread the new parts to see if they still make sense (heh-heh).

My plan for next week is to get a submission letter going and start putting together some packages, do a little research on some publishing houses, and submit!!!!

Very exciting. "8)

5 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Anita Daher said...

Wahoo! Congrats, Perry! I'm in Moose Jaw right now, rearranging my own draft. I have to send it to my editor at the end of this week...(sweat, sweat). Okay, I'm getting back to work now :-)

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

You can do it! You can do it!
Must be hard writing away from home...

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger BionicPerry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Polly said...

CONGRATS!!

QUERY AWAY!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

My queendom for a new post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home