Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just get in - Hip Deep!

Okay, well after a week and a bit of NOT working on my manuscript I have finally buckled down (in some cases) and found the time in-between grant reports, to get some more work done on the 4th draft!

Yesterday morning was spent mostly rereading the changes I had ALREADY done on the first 8 chapters a few weeks ago, which really in the scope of things wasn't much. I think it was mostly a psycholgical exercise to get back into the 12 year old mindset of my characters and re-enjoy this yarn!

Today, more rewriting, and right into a major rework! Chapter 11 - GONE! Chapters 10 and 12 - AMALGAMATED!! Woo-hoo!! Very cool. This rewrite REALLY sets the stage for retooling the tone and pace of this book (based very much in part on Anita's comments).

Very exciting!

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

I don't think I've EVER heard someone should 'amalgamated' before...

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Ariel Gordon said...

Shout, I mean. SHOUT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home