Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm BAAAACK! It's a New Year!

Wow! I hadn't realized that the blog had fallen so far behind.
Well, it was just resting for 2008!

Quick 2007 year-end: I managed to finish the 3rd draft of the Ghostcatcher Club (yay!) although I hadn't done another read-through of the entire thing. Christmas was great, with lots of friends and family. I managed to squirrel away about two or three days of my two weeks vacation for myself to just veg and play video games and watch movies and paint miniatures (yeah, I gots meself too many hobbies). A quiet evening at home for New Years with the wife was very pleasant.

Zounds!! Second week of January and I've slept in on my first day back on my writing schedule! Ack! Okay, okay, no need to panic.

I've spent the morning so far catching up on reading other blogs and writerly things. I plan on reading the whole of the whole manuscript of Ghostcatcher Club wholey today and tomorrow. I also plan on getting up earlier tomorrow!

The plan now: hand over the manuscript to Anita for her own read-through and then meet with her sometime in the next few weeks (based on her schedule) to get some professional feedback. Then back at it for another round of edits (I'm sure).

On the side, I want to work on a few short stories that have been hanging around on my computer for a while, and edit a few of my card and board games which have lain unloved for a few years.

I'm really hoping to keep to my part-time sched until mid-March, but that will really depend on what needs doing at the WIWF. My brain is already working full-time thinking about what needs doing before Spring, then during Summer, and Fall, and then THIN AIR 2008.

Gadzooks! 2008 is almost DONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home