Thursday, January 24, 2008

GST and Me

Well, I haven't blogged in a bit, because there was nothing really noteworthy to report.

My manuscript is still being read and critiqued (yay!) and I haven't done anything new because I've been spending my time in the mornings either reading (which is good) or going to work and preparing my financial books for year end (which is also good, but bad for writing).

Today I spent the morning applying for a GST number. The good is that I'm actually making enough money as an Arts Administrator and writer/editor that I need a GST number! The bad is that it's a lot of boring reading about taxes and getting a BN (Business Number). But, it is done! Yay me!

Tomorrow's plans: work in the morning, and do some writing in the afternoon before my brother comes over and we play an evening of Mighty Empires, a great little strategic fantasy wargame (yay games!).

Tonight I was at Aqua Books to enjoy the "AquaBooks Landsdowne Poetry Prize readings" or whatever the title of the event was actually called. Lots of fun (Kelly always makes it a good time with his MC-ing abilities) and great poetry from some great Winnipeg poets like Deborah Schnitzer, Clarise Foster, Lori Cayer, Maurice Mireau. Oh yeah, and Ariel Gordon (if I don't mention her, she'll hurt me! Ha!).
A great evening all around with a big appreciative audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home